Houston Dentist Serving Adults & Children in Baytown, Channelview, Pasadena and Nearby Areas of Texas
Dental anxiety is a common issue impacting millions of children and adults. Often, this anxiety can become so severe that it causes people to put off important dental checkups and treatments. Unfortunately, avoiding the dentist entirely can lead to the development of serious oral health problems in the future. In many instances, issues that could have been addressed quickly and painlessly escalate into serious conditions that require extensive work simply because a patient avoided the dentist out of fear.
At Love Brushing Dentistry, we understand how powerful this fear and anxiety can be. Dr. Khavari and her entire team are committed to providing you with a relaxed, comfortable environment for all of your dental treatments. One of the ways we accomplish this goal is by offering sedation dentistry services for both adults and children.
If you have been avoiding the dentist because of anxiety, we can help put you at ease during your visit. To learn more about our sedation dentistry options and to schedule an appointment with Dr. Khavari, please call 713-490-2088 today. We serve patients in Pasadena, Baytown, Channelview and throughout East Houston.
Is Sedation Dentistry Right for Me?
Sedation dentistry is an effective way to help you feel more relaxed and comfortable during your dental visit. Dr. Khavari will administer a sedative medication that will place you in a relaxed state while your procedure is being completed.
You may want to consider sedation dentistry if you:
- Have an active gag reflex
- Feel anxious due to a prior bad dental experience
- Have sensitive teeth and gums
- Are undergoing a major dental procedure
- Are having multiple procedures performed in one office visit
Our staff will listen carefully to your concerns and fears in order to address them every step of the way. We’ve found that this approach allows us to create a comfortable environment for you throughout your stay in our office.
If you are the parent of a child who will be using an oral sedative, we ask that you limit your child’s food and liquid intake on the day of your appointment. You should also plan to stay with your child for several hours following your visit.
Our Sedation Dentistry Options
To help you enjoy a more pleasant dental experience, we proudly offer two main types of sedation at Love Brushing Dentistry:
- Nitrous oxide – A soothing level of relaxation can be achieved with nitrous oxide gas. The gas is inhaled through a mask placed over your nose. Nitrous oxide is a popular sedation option because it allows you to relax during treatment and its effects rapidly wear off the moment you stop inhaling the gas. You can still drive yourself home and don’t need to worry about any side effects.
- Oral sedation – By taking a sedative (available in pill and liquid form) about an hour before your treatment, you’ll be able to relax comfortably. Oral sedation allows you to remain conscious enough to interact with Dr. Khavari, yet comfortable enough to undergo even the most complex dental procedure. Oral sedatives are a safe and effective solution for adults and children alike. Children who have special needs or have a hard time keeping still for periods of time may benefit greatly from sedation dentistry. Parents are welcome to remain in the room with their child throughout the duration of his or her visit.
Sedation Dentistry for Dental Implant Procedures
Sedation dentistry is an excellent option for patients who are getting dental implants. During the first phase of the dental implant procedure, a titanium implant is placed in your jawbone to replace your missing tooth root. This is a surgical procedure, and many of our patients find that sedation dentistry makes the implant placement process much more comfortable.
By using oral sedation, you will be in a relaxed, semi-conscious state while we place your dental implant. After the procedure is done, you will feel refreshed, but you won’t have any recollection of your treatment. Due to the lingering effects of your sedative, we recommend that you have someone drive you home after your procedure.
Sedation Dentistry for Third Molar Extractions
Third molars, more commonly known as wisdom teeth, are located in the back of your mouth. If they grow in properly and don’t cause problems with your bite, there is no need to remove them. However, many adults need to have their wisdom teeth removed. This can occur if:
- The teeth don’t emerge properly and become impacted (trapped) within your jaw
- The teeth only emerge partially, creating a situation where harmful bacteria are more likely to accumulate and cause gum disease or infection
- Your third molars crowd or damage neighboring teeth
Third molar extractions are an oral surgery procedure, and many of our patients have a much more comfortable experience when sedation dentistry is administered prior to the extraction. Dr. Khavari typically recommends oral sedation for third molar extractions to provide maximum comfort.
Contact our Pasadena Sedation Dentist
At Love Brushing Dentistry, we want you and your family to feel relaxed and at-home when you visit our office. Find out more about sedation dentistry by calling us at 713-490-2088 today. We serve patients in Pasadena, Channelview, Baytown and throughout East Houston.