Houston Dentist Serving Adults & Children in Baytown, Channelview, Pasadena and Nearby Areas of Texas
Although the consequences of poor oral health can be scary, patients with dental phobia often find the prospect of treatment to be even more frightening. Dental fear and anxiety is a serious issue that can prevent you from getting the important care you need for a healthy mouth. Fortunately, Dr. Sanaz Khavari offers sedation dentistry solutions for both adults and children.
If you have been avoiding the dentist because of anxiety or fear, we can help calm your nerves and put you at ease. To learn more about our sedation dentistry options, please contact our Houston office online or at 713-490-2088 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Khavari. We welcome patients from Baytown, Channelview and Pasadena, Texas.
Sedation Dentistry for a Relaxing Dental Experience
While some patients fear the dentist, others may simply feel anxious or uncomfortable during a dental visit. There are a number of reasons why you may be interested in sedation dentistry, such as:
- Unpleasant dental experiences in your past
- Discomfort during a previous dental procedure
- Need for multiple procedures to be performed in one appointment
- Past dental trauma
Dental phobia can be so severe that it keeps you from scheduling and attending regular dental appointments. When you fail to see the dentist and get the care you need, you put yourself at a greater risk for developing problems like cavities and gum disease.
Too often, small issues that could have been addressed quickly and painlessly escalate into serious dental problems that require extensive work simply because a patient avoided the dentist out of fear. Sedation dentistry promotes comfort and relaxation so you can go to your routine dental appointments.
Our Sedation Dentistry Options
To help you enjoy a more pleasant dental experience, we proudly offer two main types of sedation at Love Brushing Dentistry:
- Nitrous oxide: A soothing level of relaxation can be achieved with nitrous oxide gas. The gas is inhaled through a mask placed over your nose. Nitrous oxide is a popular sedation option because it allows you to relax during treatment and its effects rapidly wear off the moment you stop inhaling the gas. You can still drive yourself home and don’t need to worry about any side effects.
- Oral sedation: By taking a safe, effective sedative (available in pill and liquid form) about an hour before your treatment, you’ll be able to relax comfortably in a state of conscious sedation. Oral sedation allows you to remain conscious enough to interact with the dentist, yet comfortable enough to undergo even the most complex general dentistry. Oral sedatives are an effective solution for adults and children alike. Children who have special needs or have a hard time keeping still for periods of time may benefit greatly from sedation dentistry. Parents are welcome to remain in the room with their child throughout the duration of his or her visit.
If you are the parent of a child who will be using an oral sedative, we ask that you limit your child’s food and liquid intake on the day of your appointment. You should plan to stay with your child for several hours following your visit.
At Love Brushing Dentistry, we want you and your family to feel relaxed and at-home when you visit our office. Find out more about sedation dentistry today by calling us at 713-490-2088. We serve the Pasadena, Houston, Channelview and Baytown communities of Texas.