Houston Dentist Serving Patients in Baytown, Channelview, Pasadena and Nearby Areas of Texas
A dental implant is the strongest and most reliable tooth replacement option available today. Inserted directly into the jawbone, an implant acts to replace the missing root of a tooth. This unique feature provides several implant-specific benefits.
If you are missing one or more teeth, let our experienced dentist, Dr. Sanaz Khavari help you regain a full, healthy smile. Contact Love Brushing Dentistry today by calling 713-490-2088 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. We welcome patients from Pasadena, Baytown, Channelview and Houston.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that replace your natural root once a tooth is lost. Since dental implants are integrated directly into your jawbone, they offer a strong foundation for a porcelain crown, allowing your restoration to function just as well as your existing teeth.
A natural tooth consists of a crown and a root. Dental implants comprise three essential components:
- A biocompatible titanium implant, inserted directly into the bone
- A dental crown or denture
- A connecting device between the crown and implant, called an abutment
Benefits of Dental Implants
Unlike other tooth replacement options, such as dental bridges, implants replace the root of the missing tooth, in addition to the crown. This makes implants an ideal solution because they provide an unparalleled level of strength and stability. Dental implants do not require support from surrounding teeth and they promote strength in your jawbone.
This unique stability provides a number of benefits, including:
- Longevity: Implants can last for a lifetime when properly cleaned and maintained.
- Beauty: Crowns, bridges and implant-supported dentures can all be made from durable, natural-looking ceramic materials.
- Integration: Implants are naturally integrated with your body, as bone tissue grows around them.
- Comfort: Implants look and feel just like normal teeth.
- Convenience: Implants don’t require any special care when cleaning. Your normal oral hygiene routine can remain the same.
Am I a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are an ideal tooth-replacement option for almost everyone, with very few conditions for successful treatment. The best way to decide if you are a good candidate for the procedure is to meet personally with Dr. Khavari. During your dental implant consultation, the current state of your oral structure will be evaluated and Dr. Khavari will discuss all of your restoration options.
Generally speaking, you may be a good candidate for dental implants if you:
- Are in good overall health
- Are free of gum disease
- Have adequate bone structure in your jaw
Depending on your individual circumstances, a bone graft may be necessary prior to your procedure.
It’s important to realize that dental implants may not be the best solution for everyone. There are a few conditions that may diminish your candidacy for the treatment, including:
- Severe grinding or clenching of the teeth
- Uncontrolled diabetes or other chronic diseases
- Heavy smoking – and an unwillingness to quit
- A jawbone that has not yet reached its full, adult size
Even if you suffer from any of the conditions above, you may still be eligible for dental implants. Dr. Khavari will assess your situation and unique oral needs to determine whether implants are right for you.
To schedule a consultation to discuss your candidacy for dental implants, please contact us today online or at 713-490-2088. Love Brushing Dentistry serves residents of Houston, Pasadena, Baytown and Channelview.