Houston Dentist Serving Patients in Pasadena, Channelview, Baytown and Nearby Areas of Texas
At Love Brushing Dentistry, we love to see you smile. That’s why we offer a number of options to enhance the appearance of you smile, including a cost-effective alternative to veneers and crowns: dental bonding. Bonding can improve the look of teeth that are chipped, cracked, discolored or misshapen.
If you live in the Pasadena area and would like to learn more about dental bonding, please contact us today online or at 713-490-2088 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sanaz Khavari. We help improve the smiles of patients from the Houston, Channelview and Baytown areas, as well as surrounding Texas communities.
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a restorative procedure in which a composite resin is bonded with a discolored or damaged tooth and cured with ultraviolet light. Dr. Khavari will match the color of the resin to your natural teeth for a seamless, beautiful smile.
Dental bonding may be an appropriate solution for your aesthetic goals if you are unhappy with your smile due to issues such as:
- Gaps between teeth
- Teeth with an unattractive or unusual shape
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Stains that aren’t effectively reduced through teeth whitening
Once she has prepared the surface of the tooth, Dr. Khavari will shape the resin and harden it in place. She will then work with the material to ensure it has a natural look, feel and fit.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Bonding is a popular restoration treatment for several reasons, including:
- Cost: Compared to porcelain veneers and other cosmetic procedures, bonding is less expensive.
- Convenience: Some cosmetic dentistry treatments, such as dental implants, involve several appointments and weeks of waiting. Dental bonding appointments take no more than one hour per tooth, and the procedure can be performed entirely in our Houston office, without the need for an outside laboratory.
- Comfort: There is little to no pain associated with the bonding procedure; anesthesia is usually unnecessary.
- Care: Teeth that have been bonded do not require any special care to remain healthy. Simply brush and floss like normal.
It is important to realize that bonding is less resistant to stains and doesn’t last as long as other restoration alternatives, such as porcelain crowns. Although composite resin is strong, it can chip or break when exposed to extreme pressure, so try not to bite down too forcefully or chew anything too hard. Because of these considerations, bonding is typically recommended for small touch-ups rather than major restorations.
To learn more about dental bonding or any of the other services we provide, please contact Love Brushing Dentistry today online or at 713-490-2088 to schedule an appointment. Our Houston office proudly welcomes patients from Pasadena, Baytown and Channelview, Texas.