For the safety of our patients, our staff, and everyone in our community, we’ve taken the following steps amidst the global Covid pandemic:
- We screen all patients on their history of Covid symptoms or exposure to someone with a confirmed case of Covid. We ask all our patients that either have symptoms similar to Covid or that have had contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid to reschedule their appointments for 3 weeks to minimize the risk of Covid transmission.
- We ask all our patients to stay in their cars when they arrive and give us a call to let us know they have arrived for their appointment. We will prepare the forms, make the room ready, and then ask the patient to come in to ensure minimal waiting time for them.
- Upon entry, all patients above 2 years of age are checked for their temperatures and blood oxygen level. If a person shows a temperature of 100.5° F or above, or if the blood oxygen level shows 93% or lower, we would not be able to see the patient and would reschedule the patient’s visit to two weeks from that day.
- We do still allow an adult to accompany a child in their dental visit into the operating room, however, we limit this to one adult per child. In other words, if both parents have come with one child, we ask that one of them stays in the car, and only one accompany the child. However, if there are two children or more, one parent can stay with one child in a room, and the other with another child.
- We ask that all patients age 5 and above to wear masks upon entry into our facility. Although you will be removing your mask for dental exams and procedures, you would have to put your masks back on during your check-in and check-out procedure.
- We use the latest medical-grade HEPA filtration technology (https://scadental.com) in each operating room to filter and clean all airborne particles out of the air.
- We take extra precautions in cleaning each room after each patient’s visit.